Heading: inserted, on 1 July 2008, by section 7 of the Health (Drinking Water) Amendment Act 2007 (2007 No 92).
(1) The Director-General must maintain a register of persons who are—
(a) networked suppliers, bulk suppliers, water carriers, operators of designated ports or airports, or prescribed suppliers (specified drinking-water suppliers); or
(b) self-suppliers who supply water to community-purpose buildings owned by them (specified self-suppliers).
(2) The purpose of the register is—
(a) to enable members of the public to know who is registered as a specified drinking-water supplier or a specified self-supplier and to provide information about their supplies or sources of water; and
(b) to facilitate the ability of the Director-General to provide information to drinking-water suppliers and specified self-suppliers; and
(c) to facilitate the exercise of the compliance, assessment, and enforcement functions and powers of drinking-water assessors, designated officers, and the Director-General.
(3) The following particulars must be recorded in the register in respect of every person registered as a drinking-water supplier (other than as a water carrier) or as a specified self-supplier:
(a) the name and contact address (including the electronic address, if available) of the supplier:
(b) the nature of the person's drinking-water supply and the maximum daily volume it is capable of delivering:
(c) the date on which the supplier was registered:
(d) the source or sources of water used for drinking-water purposes:
(e) in the case of a drinking-water supplier, whether that person is a networked supplier, bulk supplier, the operator of a designated port or airport, or a prescribed supplier:
(f) any other particulars that may be required by or under this Part or regulations made under section 69ZZY.
(4) The following particulars must be recorded in the register in respect of every drinking-water supplier registered as a water carrier:
(a) the name and contact address (including the electronic address, if available) of the carrier:
(b) the date on which the water carrier was registered and the date of each renewal of that person's registration:
(c) the source or sources of raw water or drinking water that is transported by the water carrier:
(d) prescribed particulars relating to each vehicle, vessel, or rail wagon (and any associated equipment such as demountable tanks, hoses, and fittings) used by a water carrier to transport raw water or drinking water:
(e) any other particulars that may be required by or under this Part or regulations made under section 69ZZY.
(5) The register may also include any other information relevant to a drinking-water supplier, specified self-supplier, or a drinking-water supply that the Director-General considers appropriate.
Section 69J: inserted, on 1 July 2008, by section 7 of the Health (Drinking Water) Amendment Act 2007 (2007 No 92).