(1) As at the settlement date, the Forum consists of 8 members as follows (each organisation being an appointer):
(2) In appointing members to the Forum, appointers—
(3) A member may be discharged by that member's appointer.
(4) A member appointed by an iwi may resign by giving written notice to that person's appointer.
(5) Where there is a vacancy on the Forum, the relevant appointer must fill that vacancy as soon as is reasonably practicable.
(6) Clause 31(1) of Schedule 7 of the Local Government Act 2002 applies only to the appointment and discharge of the members appointed by the local authorities.
(8) To avoid doubt, members of the Forum who are appointed by iwi are not, by virtue of that membership, members of a local authority.