This website is provided by the Parliamentary
Counsel Office/Te Tari Tohutohu Pāremata. We draft and publish most New
What we do
- We draft all New Zealand Government Bills (except Inland Revenue Bills) and
- We publish all New Zealand Government Bills, Acts, and Statutory Regulations, in
traditional printed form and on this website.
- We provide links to Deemed Regulations on this website.
See the Parliamentary Counsel Office website
for more information.
What we don't do
We are often asked for information we cannot provide:
- We don't give legal advice, or explain the law, or give an opinion as to what law
applies in particular circumstances.
- We don't investigate possible breaches of the law.
- We don't supply printed legislation—this is available from bookshops and Legislation
Direct. See Buy Online.
Who else may be able to help
The government agency that administers legislation in your area of interest may
be able to help. The administering agency is usually named on the Act or Regulation's
If you don't know what law is relevant, or what agency to contact, or need agency
contact details, search newzealand.govt.nz.
For help with your specific situation, contact:
You may also want to contact a government Minister or your local Member of Parliament:
see the New Zealand Parliament website.
If you want to comment on a Bill that is before a select committee, see Make a submission for a list of Bills that select committees are seeking submissions on, and for how to make a submission.
Contacting the Parliamentary Counsel Office
To email us, please use the Feedback form (remember to include your email address if you wish to receive a reply).
Level 12, Reserve Bank Building
2 The Terrace
PO Box 18 070
Phone +64 4 472 9639
Fax +64 4 499 1724
If you have comments, questions, or complaints about this website or the Parliamentary
Counsel Office, please get in touch with us using the details above.
See also FAQ and other resources
on the Parliamentary Counsel Office website for more information about legislation
and the Parliamentary Counsel Office.
Help with this website
For help with using this website, see: